Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Saturn- Uranus Opposition

I just have a few moments to share some thoughts about the current Saturn- Uranus opposition, which is a big deal in the astrological community. Planets are symbolic of energies that are present within human nature. Saturn, to me, represents the call to individuation. It is associated with key words such as father, authority, discipline, contstraint, limitation, etc. It is one of the more feared energies, and it brings us the consequences of that which we sow. It reminds us that we are ultimately responsible for our own lives. For this reason, I think of it as the crucible within which growth can occur-- a container of sorts. Uranus is associated with quickness, rebellion, sudden changes and insights, and individuality. I think of Uranus as the catalyst of a reaction-- that thing that sparks something into being.

So, today, the crucible meets the catalyst. We may be feeling held back at the very same time that we are jonesing for change. Sudden insights may come along with a feeling that we must maintain the status quo. Following the brilliant insights of Jung, we know that holding the tension of these opposite energies-- that is, allowing space for both, and all, of our feelings-- is what allows a third possibility to emerge. It is what allows something to result from the catalyst within the crucible.

This energy is personal to me, given significant transits to my natal planet placements. What I noticed within my own experience is this: Awareness of the potential for life-affirming energy calling me toward individuation. Knowing that it is time for me to choose from a place of Self-resonance, rather than fear or popular custom. Questions about whether I am up for it. Can I meet the challenge? Regret that I have “wasted time,” and may waste more. Sadness for so much suffering in the world. And doubt around whether I can access the courage I need now.

The crucible and the catalyst are available to all of us; this seems clear... what will we make of this?

No comments: