Saturday, March 14, 2009

Love at First Sight...

I saw her today. She was beautiful. A stone exterior; colorful slate roof; concrete floors; and Soul. Beautiful as she was, she was also wounded. The cobwebs and overgrown vines speak of her profound abandonment. She is need of love.

As I walked in, and around, I could hear her speaking to me. I knew she would be able to tell me what she needed, and wanted, and how to bring her back to life. I started to assemble the Venus-inspired medical team in my imagination-- the meetings we would have to come up with a plan full of care, beauty, and integrity. The Labor of Love that would follow.

She was the home I was searching for. Intimate. Full of potential and character. Able to give back a sense of both security and beauty to whomever stepped-up to do the same for her. ... It would not be me.

I was reminded of the painful side of having a rich fantasy life; one's heart is broken easily and often.

No comments: